I used to write here, at one point, a list of interesting links I found online in the previous week. Then I got sucked into work and stopped posting, and then my old host lost my data.
Now, I am trying to get back into writing and armed with better knowledge, better taste in what I read and a better backup solution, I present to you the new List of interesting links:
- The open-plan office is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea – the title is pretty self explanatory. It’s an opinion piece by the founder of the Basecamp app and Ruby on Rails, David Heinemeier Hansson ( or as the internet world knows him, DHH )
- Organize Realtime Job Management With Laravel and Vue Step by Step – a 3 part tutorial that is walking you through job management from a basic frontend interface – part 1 – part 2 – part 3
- Building Flexible Axios Clients – the first paragraph of this article is, I think, the best description of what its all about – “Recently I set out to improve how I work with APIs in my Vue applications by building a flexible Axios client that I can use in my Vuex actions and one-off components.”
- A free React Bootcamp – seems like they provide an good take on learning React. Haven’t gone through the entire thing myself, but what did watch, seemed interesting.
- Processing XML documents – DOM vs Streaming – a short overview of some of the best ways to parse XML with PHP
- How I built it – Morten Rand-Hendriksen & Teaching at Lynda – a conversation with a great developer and teacher
- Logging model changes and 11 other ways to improve your Laravel projects – this to me is more of a list of things to go over when getting started with a new project
- Did blogs ruin the web? Or did the web ruin blogs? – something to think about