There was a time when everyone made a list of plugins they were using on their blogs. I am a bit late to that trend but here is mine.
So the plugins that power this blog are:
– Akismet – you know, to keep away the spam
– Broken Link Checker – to keep track of what links need to be updated for various reasons
– Contact Form 7 – because a contact form was required
– Really Simple CAPTCHA – also because it was needed. I wanted the new google captcha but couldn’t get it to work.
– Crayon Syntax Highlighter – for when I share code.
– Easy FancyBox – a solution to showing images was needed. this one may change in time.
– EWWW Image Optimizer – I was using smush.it but yahoo shut down the service and this seemed the best alternative
– Google Analytics by Yoast – self explanatory
– iThemes Security – given the recent security breaches found everywhere I thought this kind of a solution might be in order
– ONet Regenerate Thumbnails – for when I decide to make changes to my images
– P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler) – it analyzes plugins and tells you which ones are a burden on your site.
– Scripts-To-Footer – also self explanatory
– Scroll Back to Top – was too lazy writing a solution for myself so this was installed. I keep saying that I will customize it but, you know, I am lazy
– Shareaholic – for shares of course, one must have decent sharing tools on one’s blog
–SumoMe – heat maps and click tracking
– W3 Total Cache – cache and minification
– WordPress Editorial Calendar – for when I am going to have to many articles in my drafts (not anytime soon 🙂
– WordPress SEO – self explanatory
– WP-Optimize – database optimizations
*image via unsplash.com (
I know how it looks on single posts, it will be fixed, eventually it’s fixed )